epc cert               






Energy Performance Certificates 

An EPC is needed whenever a property is bought, sold or rented. You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market the property to be bought or let.

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient). They are valid for ten years. The EPC will also give an estimated potential rating if improvements are made, and highlight cost effective ways of doing so. Even if you rent, some improvements might be worth considering, such as switching to more energy efficient light bulbs to save on your bills.

We can arrange for an approved Domestic Energy Assessor to carry this out for you!

Certain buildings like places of worship or listed buildings do not need an EPC. You can find the list of exemptions by clicking here.



Gas Safety Certificate

If you let a property connected to a mains gas supply, You must arrange an annual maintenance check of gas pipe work, appliances and flues.We can arrange this for you!

We will arange the maintenance check and certificate to be carried out for you by an engineer  registered with the Gas Safe Register - formerly Corgi and forward you the certificate and information on any findings.

Electrical Certificate

As it stands, unlike gas regulations, there is no law that says you must have a landlord electrical safety certificate. However, Landlords are obligated to ensure that all electrical appliances and fittings within the property are safe and in good working order. Failure to comply with the Electrical Equipment Regulations Act 1994 and the Consumer Protection Act of 1987 is a criminal offence.



For more useful information for landlords on safety obligations please click one of our helpful links below: